Make up a training day you missed this week or...
Active Recovery Day
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
• Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean near you, even better)
• Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
• AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
• Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
• Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
Mobility and Maintenance
• Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
• Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
• Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
- AND/OR -
• Body work from a licensed body worker (massage, ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
• This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc…
• Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
Big thanks to CrossFit Invictus for your excellent guidance on Active Recovery.