Make up a training day you missed this week or...
Active Recovery Day
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
• Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean near you, even better)
• Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
• AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
• Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
• Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
Mobility and Maintenance
• Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
• Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
• Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
- AND/OR -
• Body work from a licensed body worker (massage, ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
• This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc…
• Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.